Sicilian style peach in wine dessert for summer

Sicilian peach in wine by Appetit Voyage
Sicilian Peach in Wine
I bought some amazing peaches yesterday. And I say amazing because when I arrived home and could not wait anymore, attracted by the overwhelming flavor floating in the hot summer air; I had this instant, this unique moment when the juice and flesh was in my mouth and was just irresistible! I closed my eyes, and let my senses burst into life!  

At that precise moment, I had a flash,... actually, I had 2 flashes,... first, I felt like preparing a peach sangria, and then I even went further and wanted to try straight away, the traditional Sicilian peach in wine!

I was told about this tradition when I was in Catania with my friends Cristina and Alessandro who are the one who initiated me to the Italian cuisine and its wonders. The first time, I was a little bit shock to mix fruit and wine,... I am French, and I can´t help to have this kind of reaction! ;-) 

But then, I was totally seduced by the idea of a Sicilian wine and the sweet tasty peach. And the flavor of this peach I was eating, just brought me back to Sicily! I love these flashes!

I will give your the recipe for the peach sangria later, but now, let me share with you this simple and quick dessert for summer.

Ingredients for 5 persons:
- 5 ripe organic peaches
- 500 ml of sweet red wine

1/ Slice roughly the peaches and place in a glass

Sicilian peach in wine by Appetit Voyage
2/ Pour the wine and let it in the fridge for at least 1h before serving. You can choose your favorite sweet red wine. I will prefer Porto wines. My choice for this time went to a homemade peach wine my dad does perfectly.

This is really a nice treat in summer,... so simple, quick and easy to make! Enjoy summer!

a ppetit voyage is much more than reviews and recipes!

Follow the blog: www.appetitvoyage.com
Share your ideas on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/appetitvoyage
Follow us on Twitter @appetitvoyage

A ppetit Voyage agenda is updated regularly, so come and visit our website www.appetitvoyage.com to check the next workshops, either for cooking or wine tasting!

 Feel free to contact us and ask for a private dinner or party with your friends or colleagues: Birthdays, Bachelors, Baby shower, etc...

A ppetit Voyage is your globe-trotting connoisseur: helping you change your mind about food, wines and cooking!

Comments

Popular Posts